Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Book review: All I ever wanted by Kristan Higgins

Author: Kristan Higgans
Title: All I ever wanted
Series: No
Genre: Adult romance
Purchase: Amazon | B&N
My rating:











About the book:
One Happily-Ever-After Rocking Chair...
and no sign of any forthcoming babies to rock in ol' Georgebury, Vermont. For Callie Grey, turning thirty means coming to grips with the fact that her boss (and five-week fling) is way overdue in his marriage proposal. And way off track because Mark has suddenly announced his engagement to the company's new Miss Perfect. If that isn't bad enough, her mom decides to throw her a three-oh birthday bash in the family funeral home.
Bad goes to worse when she stirs up a crazy relationship with the town's not so warm and fuzzy veterinarian, Ian McFarland, in order to flag Mark's attention. So Ian is more comfortable with animals.... So he's formal, orderly and just a bit tense. The ever-friendly, fun-loving and spontaneous Callie decides it's time for Ian to get a personality makeover. But dang, if he doesn't shock the heck out of her, she might actually fall for Vermont's unlikeliest eligible bachelor....


My thoughts:
Oh my god, this book is so funny! I LOVE this author´s humor. It was a long time since I laughed this much because of a book! Amazingly funny, romantic and just adorable plain simple. If you want to read something really cute, funny and tastefully romantic then this book is for you.
I love Callie even if she is a bit to much optimistic and always happy and loving absolutely everything. There is just no way you wont like her. Annoying? YES it is just not possible to like everything and be happy all the time, ok so she is not happy all the time but that is what she want everyone else to think. But unlikable? NO, I mean come on you´ll love her all the same. She is adorable!
Ian is... well rude for one thing but that is just part of his charm right! doesn´t everyone like a socially handicapped hunk who is rude and never says a word. You wouldn´t tolerate a guy in the real world who is like that but in a book? Oh such a dreamy hunk right?! 
Anyway, it works and this is such a sweet and funny story. I laughed so much I started crying and my son just looked at me like I was crazy.... 

2 comments:

_yay_ said...

Ohhhh! I want! :-)
Read several other booky by that author. Didn't *love* love them all, but sure had a fun time. Great humor.
Now I really want to get this title next haha.
_yay_ @ BookthatThing!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a book that I would enjoy. Thanks for the great review.
- FABR Steph