Monday, May 7, 2012

Book review: Haunted by Dana Michelle Burnett

Author: Dana Michelle Burnett
Title: Haunted
Series: Spiritus series #2
Genre: Paranormal romance, young adult
Purchase: Amazon
My rating:











About the book:

Becca has accepted the horrors of her past life, and emerged with her ghostly love Alastor at her side. But her happiness is short lived when she realizes that balancing her past and present won't be easy...
Becca has already decided that it's Alastor that she loves, but now, as their uncommon relationship limits Becca's future, Alastor must decide if he's willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for Becca's happiness....And will Becca's sanity survive?


My thoughts:
This book was amazing to say the least! I loved this second book just as much as I did the first one (Spiritus). It will keep you interested and wanting more through out the book! 

At first I got a bit confused when I started this book because I thought the book would keep on going where book one ended but it starts a few years later in time and then will go back and forth in time! It took me half the book to decide if I liked it or not but I do like it! It was kind of different in a good way!

But I do have to say that Becca was a tiny bit annoying in this book! She does something quite big that I just don´t really get if Alastor is really the one for her, but as he keeps reminding her: They can never be! So I guess I do have to understand it in some way but then she should have let Alastor go but she doesn´t! 

This is such a twisted love story! 

You get really mad everyone in this book! But you just have to keep on reading because at the same time you can´t help loving these characters! Does that make any sense? And the saying history has a tendency to repeat it self has never been more true than in this book! This book is so brilliantly written I just can´t wait to see what will happen next!


No comments: