Sunday, September 16, 2012

Book review: The Flawless by Mia Hoddell

Author: Mia Hoddell
Title: Flawless
Series: The wanderer Trilogy #2
Genre: Young adult, paranormal
Purchase: AMAZON 
My rating: 4 stars







Summary from goodreads:
A battle is going to arise soon; The Sheol and The Flawless will come together but only one can survive to continue their manipulation of humankind. The Wanderers have to decide whether to summon the courage to fight so they can save themselves from eternal unrest or whether they like being lost, immortal souls. Nachtmahr is upgrading his Sturmmen to create more ruthless and efficient killers due to interference from The Sheol, while Kala is becoming darker; her rage consuming her as she strives to fulfill her own personal mission...Kill Nachtmahr.
My thoughts:

Thrilling is the first word that comes to mind. This book was fast paced and action filled from the beginning to the end. It was a great and exciting read, though I wished for a little more romance perhaps. But then again maybe not. There was really no room for romance in Kala´s mind since she was so filled with this murderous rage! Maybe that will come in the next one? Hope so!

I don´t think I´ve read a book about such a dark creature before. Usually the main character is a good person with a big heart but Kala is nothing like it. She has a dark soul and the only thing that fills her heart is rage. There are moments when I think perhaps she has room for some love, love for Chris but they are just that, moments and nothing more. In the first book Kala is fighting her darkness and she is almost likeable but in this book she is consumed by darkness even more so then she was before until there is nothing else. I really liked that she isn´t all good, it makes this story very different from other books I´ve read in a really good way.

I wonder how this will play out? Will she overcome her darkness, is there a salvation for her and will she and Chris find their way back to each other or is it already to late?

I really enjoyed this book as much as the first one. It is a great read that I truly recommend!


1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

That is unusual. I haven't read much about many dark MC's either. =)