Thursday, September 20, 2012

Bookreview: Unbound by Cat Miller

Title: Unbound
Author: Cat Miller
Genre: Adult paranormal romance
Series: The Forbidden Bond #1
Purchase: Amazon
My rating:










Betrayal, passion, family secrets, murder, and vampires...

What else would one expect during their freshman year of college?

After her birth, Danielle Vaughn, and her mother were ushered out of town in a surreptitious attempt to save her life; vampire prejudice can be deadly.

Like any normal nineteen year old, her biggest worry in life was blending in and working hard to keep her grades up. Her departure from a small town in search of a higher education causes a domino effect; she quickly finds herself maneuvering through a maze of enemies and lovers who are all hell bent on capturing her at any cost.

Danielle’s life is turned upside down by the return of her father and the society of vampires that shattered her human mother’s life. She must find a way to survive in the new world she is thrust into by a power hungry rogue on the hunt for gifted vampire youth. The hierarchy of the vampire nation is rocked by the existence of a demi-vamp who has challenged their narrow-minded views of the human race. 

My Thoughts: 

I absolutely love this series! I almost always read YA books so this was a first for me in this genre.  There was a lot of moments when I was like " what! Did she really write that!?". There is a lot of "adult action" (lol) in this book and for me it was very refreshing to read a book that is not tiptoing around a subject that always hangs in the air even in YA books. 

The story itself was awesome and new for me. The story was kind of raw and exactly what I think a vampirestory should be. It builds up to be very exciting and for me it was hard to anticipate what was to come and I love that.

Danielle I adore! She is so sweet but at the same time kind of "bad". She´s kind of kick ass at times. She has alot of trouble choosing her guy but in the end she picks one.
At one time she was thinking about 4 different guys and I was like, pick one! Preferabely Chase!

All of the boys are old school and both gentlemen and asses at the same time but I really love them anyway. I love the way they are to Danielle.

This is a must read for all vampire lovers! lol




  

No comments: