Friday, March 22, 2013

Author Spotlight: Interview with Nathaniel Stewart






What do you do when you are not writing?

When I’m not writing I enjoy reading (surprise), hiking, rock climbing, swimming, yoga, kayaking, camping, bowling, skiing, going to the movies, traveling, hanging out with friends, and all sorts of activities. I’m definitely more of an outdoorsman, though.

Where is one place in the world that you would really love to visit someday?

I don’t think I can narrow it to one, so I’m going to have to say that my stalemate for first is between England and Italy. I can’t even give specific reasons as to why I want to visit these places but I do feel a pull and a connection to them.

What’s your favorite color and why?

Green is hands down my favorite color, and I mean all different shades of green. It obviously reminds me of nature, but there is a peace, calmness, and vitality about it that draws me in.

Do you like to cook? What is your favorite food?

I love to cook. My mother was a caterer and while I fundamentally learned to cook by being in the kitchen with her and watching, I have to say that I didn’t set out to learn how to cook as much as I just wanted to be able to eat extra’s and lick spoons and such. My favorite food would have to be anything involving pasta or rice. You can’t really go wrong with those as your bases for a fair few dishes, or at least to me.

What are your top 5 favorite fruits, and top five favorite vegetables?

My top five favorite fruits are red grapes, lemons, cherries, cranberries, and pomegranates. As for vegetables, I’m going to have to go with asparagus, carrots, kale, potatoes, and chard.

What’s the worst movie that you’ve seen in theatres recently?

Okay, first and foremost, I hate to bash someone else’s creativity and craft, but as someone who only goes to the movies to see films that I absolutely want to see, I have to say that the most recent movie that I wasn’t too fond of was “The Last Airbender,” which was the live action adaptation of the animated series “Avatar: The Last Airbender.”
I’m a huge fan of the animated series, hence the reason I went to go see it, and while the CGI was pretty good there were certain aspects about the movie that I totally couldn’t get around. I won’t go into detail
because as I stated before, I hate to bash. But I will say that one thing that really bothered me about the film was the enunciation of the characters names. That alone almost drove me nuts.

If a fairy godmother told you that you could be put into the world of your favorite movie or book for a day, what would you pick and why?

Well, the eleven year old in me instantly screamed Harry Potter, so I’m going to have to go with that. I grew up with that series, and so I think it would be pretty cool to be immersed in that world for a day as long as it wasn’t during the Battle of Hogwarts. Then it wouldn’t be cool. It would suck, actually.



QUICKFIRE!

Popcorn or Candy? Candy. 
Smoothie or Milkshake? Smoothie. 
Pudding or Jello? Jello. 
Ipod or MP3? Ipod. 
Twins or Triplets? Twins.
Blondes or Brunettes? Brunettes. 
Eyes or Smile? Eyes. 
Funny or Serious? Funny. But a balanced mix of both would be good. 
Love or Lust? Love. 
Fake or Real? Real. 
Driving or Riding? Riding. I like to just chill out in cars. 
Flying or Driving? DRIVING! I hate flying.
AIM or MSN? AIM. 
Will Ferrel or Will Smith? Um…….Will Smith. 
Google or Yahoo? Google. 
Firefox or Internet Explorer? Internet Explorer.
Mint or Cinnamon? Cinnamon. 
Blue or Red? Blue.
Hot or Cold? Cold.
Feet or Hands? Hands.

No comments: