Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Book review: Secret Maneuvers by Jessie Lane

 
 
Author: Jessie Lane
Title: Secret Maneuvers
Series: Ex ops #1
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
My copy: E-book from author for review
Purchase: Amazon
My Rating: 4 feet


Some mistakes from the past haunt us forever... unless fate steps in with a second chance.
One 'dear John' letter haunts Bobby Baker's every living moment. It’s the letter he stupidly wrote to his high school sweetheart, Belle, right after he left to join the Army. The letter that he told her that he wasn't so sure if they were ready for forever yet. But before he can let her know that the letter, and his second thoughts, are nothing but a mistake, she up and disappears from the small Georgia town they were both raised in.

Fifteen years later, Belle unknowingly walks back into Bobby's life when her job as an ATF Agent forces her to work with a group of men secretly headed by the CIA to help her track down whoever is involved in funneling black market weapons to a drug cartel in Mexico.

Bobby will use this mission to try and soothe Belle's hurt feelings while proving to her that their love is still meant for forever. He'll use every dirty trick he's learned since he joined the Army to maneuver her back into his life for the long haul. But Belle's not making it easy as she keeps him at arm's length in the hopes that mistakes of her own never come to light.


My Thoughts:

Well first of I have to say that I loved this book. It was great!
It has a little bit of everything; Suspence, romance, fun, not so fun ect.

I liked the concept of the book as a whole and story line was perfect.
It really stirred up emotions in me and probably everyone who reads it aswell. I mean, how can it not? I can´t say why I think so without spoilers but I can say that I got really pissed of at Belle for thing she does in the book but at the same time I feel so so sorry for her.

Belle is such a great person and she has reasons for doing some of the things she does which is why I don´t hate her at the end. Sometimes I was like: What! Did she really do that!?
She leads a really though life that I know would crush most people but she stands up and brushes it of. Not without leaving a lot of scars though....

Bobby Baker....*sigh* I love you. Even though you can be a douch at times I really love your alpha male/neaderthal personality. lol.
No but seriously, I would not want to piss this guy off. He is strong, hot and has a temper. But not with Belle. He treats her like glass.

The lovestory was complicated (for the charachters, not for the reader) but great with ups and downs.
A lot of aweful things happened in the book aswell that I will not spoil. Even as aweful as they were I loved that they were there since it made the whole book what it is.

I can strongly recommend this one!

No comments: