Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Book review: Take me now by Faith Sullivan

Author: Faith SullivanTitle: Take me now
Series: Take me now #1
Genre: New Adult contemporary romance
My copy: E-book from Author
Purchase: Amazon
My rating: 3,5

How do you survive the internship from hell?

Don't fall in love.

Ivy thought being a reporter-in-training at the Independent Gazette would be her dream summer job. Little did she know, interviewing Eric, a landscaper with a heart of gold, would derail her plans. It turns out Ivy's boss, Lauren, has been eying his chiseled physique for quite some time.

But at twenty-four, Eric already has a tragic past, one that he is still reeling from. Even though his ordeal turned him into some sort of local celebrity, it's been a while since he's shared his bed with anyone. When he comes to Ivy's rescue out of the blue, it's not long before the two of them start seeing each other behind Lauren's back. When they get caught, Ivy's journey toward a college degree is jeopardized and her relationship with Eric is severely put to the test.

Career versus love? In the end, a shocking turn of events provides Ivy with a revelation she never saw coming.

My thoughts: 

Just by reading the plot of this book I new I was going to like it and I was right!
It has a little bit of everything; Suspence, romance, steam, tears and a bit of crazy.
The storyline was good and I liked how it was written. I was able to feel with the characthers and that´s really important to me.
So to the charachters themselves.
We have Ivy who is the lead female charachter of the book is just adorable! In the beginning she is kind of gullible and weak I thought but she really grew towards the middle and end of the book.
It would be hard not to like her. The events that she goes through makes her stronger but at the same time she is immature in some aspects. Who can blame her though? She is only twenty one and kind of have perogative to be so.
Her best friend that she has known her whole life turns on her all of a sudden and oh my! do I hate him for it. Nasty ass guy! The things he does to her almost made me want to hurl. I just kept thinking, how could he do that!? He´s supposed to be her best friend for crying out loud!

The in sweeps the oh so lovely Eric. He is a couple of years older than Ivy and has had a rough life so far. He has a hard time letting a new love into his life but Ivy made it easier for him to do so. In the beginning.... Ivy´s boss makes it hard for them and so does Eric´s past. They go through ups and downs as all couples do but they have it harder than most.
Eric is also a very likable charachter and I kept feeling so sorry for him and everything he has went through. I can imagine what I would be like if the same happened to me!
Over all I liked this book and I am rating it 3,5 feet. It was something that´s missing though and I can´t really put my finger on it. Otherwise I would absolutely have given it a 4 in rating =)


No comments: