Friday, September 13, 2013

{Book review} A sliver of hope by Karla J. Nellenbach

Author: Karla J. Nellenbach
Title: A sliver of hope
Series: No
Genre: Young adult, contemporary romance
My copy: Kindle, amazon freebie
Purchase: Amazon
My rating: 5 feet




My twin sister was the only person in the world I thought I’d known inside and out. Apparently, I was wrong.
Twin sisters share a unique bond, one that can't be broken by miles, time, or even death. Hannah and Hope Morton are no exception. When Hope takes her own life, Hannah loses a sister and a best friend, a catastrophe she isn't sure she'll survive herself. 
With her family in ruins, Hannah is slowly disappearing, drowning in a sea of misery. Even her wild, energetic best friend can't pull her out of her grief. Desperate to help Hannah, her brother comes home from college, bringing his best friend Julian along, the first boy to break Hannah’s heart. None of their efforts are enough to pull Hannah off her self destructive path, though. Julian is the only one who can get through to her, working his way into her frozen soul with cocky remarks and genuine love that warms her from the inside out.
As Hannah works to find answers, she continues to uncover new secrets and people that reveal a side of Hope she had never shared with her twin. Alone now, Hannah must make a decision of her own: move on and start a new life with the people she has left, or let the weight of her grief drag her down with her sister.

My thoughts 
This book is amazing. It is one of those ones that you just can't put down. This book was written with so much emotion, it spilled out over the pages. It is a beautiful and sad story that deals with loss, love, forgiveness and healing. This is a book I could easily read more than once and it also made me cry more than once and that is something I don't usually do. This book is well worth five feet because it will stay with me for a long time.

I loved the characters in the story. They all seemed so genuine and real with their emotions and grief. Hannah is feeling a lot of anger towards her dead sister and with the help of her diary and her loved ones she is dealing the best she can with the loss. For her the hardest part of losing her sister was the why. Why did she kill herself? That question haunts Hannah and is keeping her from moving on and letting go and it fuels her anger. No one can reach her except Julian and he tries so hard to help Hannah, but how do you help someone who doesn't want to be helped?

I highly recommend this book! It is more than amazing, it made me cry so hard I had to put it away a few times because I couldn't see the words through my tears. This book was so emotional and written with so much soul.